Take Control and Boost
Your Retirement Confidence
Are you newly retired or rapidly approaching retirement?
Do you worry that you won’t have enough
money to retire or stay retired?
Are you saving enough?
What will you do in retirement?
Are you concerned about
Are you reluctant to seek
Are you confused by the flood of conflicting financial information in the media?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this book is for you.
Retirement is a journey, not a destination. And like any other journey, it requires planning and preparation. Above all, it takes confidence that can only come from an honest look at your situation, separating facts from advertising, and taking charge of your own future.
Relying on Ron Kelemen’s 32 years of experience as a financial advisor, The Confident Retirement Journey gives you a personal and financial roadmap of practical action steps you can independently take to get the confidence you need to enjoy a secure and fulfilling second half of your life. And by the way, this book was recently selected to be the textbook for the BA 409 Financial Planning Seminar for Oregon State University. But don't let the word "textbook" scare you away. As you can see by the reviews on Amazon, this is a very conversational easy read that is packed full of information that anyone of any age can put to work.
The Confident Retirement Journey
1. “The Retirement Landscape” Things you should know about the six major landmarks affecting any retirement
2 “What’s Your Retirement Vision?” The importance of having a retirement vision. A worksheet to establish one, and four very important questions.
3. “Where Are You Now?” Simple worksheets to help you understand your net worth, expenses, and potential unknowns the “Confident Retirement Journey Way™.
4. “What’s Your Number?” The six drivers that determine retirement calculations. A unique worksheet with tables puts them all together to give you an approximation of how much of a nest egg will you need.
5. “How Do You Get There?” An analysis of the five options to help you reach your retirement goal.
6. “Putting Your Financial Independence Assets to Work” Discussion of risk, basic investments and strategies with historical information. Suggested allocations for different stages of life. Social Security strategies.
7. “Dealing with Detours” Strategies to deal with some of the personal and financial setbacks in retirement, such as health, long-term care, dementia, boomerang children, procrastination, and financial noise.
8. “Beyond the Horizon” The tradeoff between retirement security and leaving an inheritance. Basic estate planning strategies to make your intentions happen. An important discussion about digital assets.
9. “Let The Journey Begin” A framework to help you integrate your goals, obligations, resources, external variables, family dynamics.
The Appendix has useful worksheets, forms and a listing of Internet resources.